View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 12:36 PM   #85 (permalink)
Nissandriver
EcoModding Lurker

That Fiat reminds me of Toyota Tercel that I thought about buying back in the 1980s. They had the same basic shape.

I had hoped I might be able to get inexpensive Tsuru parts or a parts car from Mexico to refurbish my Sentra. So far I havenīt had much luck finding a way to do that. Tsuru parts sold on Ebay are somewhat expensive. I need to learn Spanish so I might be able to use Mexican websites to buy Tsuru parts.

From what Iīve read the Tsuru weighs 300-400 lbs. less than the similar Sentra sold in the US. The Mexican car didnīt have the beams in the doors to help survive a crash and Tsurus shipped to the Middle East didnīt have a catalytic converter. I donīt know if the cars sold in Mexico had a converter. Itīs also been called the deadliest car in Mexico, but I think thatīs due to the large number of them sold over 25 years and the huge number of miles driven. It would be interesting to know the number of injuries and deaths per miles driven to get a better idea of how dangerous they really are. There was an offset head-on collision test done in 2017 with a Versa versus the Tsuru and itīs scary how the Tsuru is destroyed in that test.

Iīd guess the Tsuru was probably one of the lowest priced new cars in the world in 2017. But I would think you could get a cheaper car made and sold in India or China.

Hereīs my ĻTsuruĻ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	33320