View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 12:51 PM   #119 (permalink)
Caddylackn
EcoModding Apprentice

Passat TDI Wagon - '97 VW Passat Wagon TDI
90 day: 55.81 mpg (US)

Blue - '21 Hyundai Sonata Blue
90 day: 53.79 mpg (US)
I am not sure this is the exact design reason for the better mileage, but they use software now to filter out the input signals from the driver on the drive by wire pedal, to improve mileage in eco mode. Sort of how the Ecomodders already drive (soft pedal, smooth acceleration). As you know just driving carefully will get you at least 10% better gas mileage. The new ones also have a better battery. They definitely look sleeker but do have worse coefficient of drag. They are 2-3" lower so maybe smaller frontal area makes up for the increase in Cd.

I have been looking on buying one of these new 2023 prius LE models. Since they are factory order only right now, damn auto dealerships are tacking on $1,500 of worthless accessories as part of the dealer markup. As soon as there is a bunch of Prius's in stock, and I can negotiate, I will try to buy one.

I was trying to buy a 2022 Corolla LE Hybrid but none available. The new 2023 Corolla Hybrids have the 2.0 L and another 20 horsepower but are down 7 mpg on highway EPA rating. No thanks.
306k miles
Scan Gauge II
full belly pan
26 gallon tank