View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 05:35 PM   #136 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
People do not understand PHEVs. They get hung up on the all-electric range instead of looking at the cost savings. US buyers also overwhelmingly look at purchase cost instead of total cost to own.
I figured public knowledge of EVs and PHEVs would have improved quite a lot in the last half-decade, and maybe it has, but I'm not getting that impression.

You think people are just bad a math, or can't be bothered to do math?

I really have a hard time understanding things from the typical consumer perspective as I'm not very influenced by opinion, and feel the need to find answers myself.

Even my wimpy Prius plug-in, if charged only once per day, would deliver 4,400 EV miles per year. That's not nothing. With 25 miles of EV range, I bet 2/3rd of my miles would be EV. At 40 miles of EV range, I think that goes up to 80%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
real question is why didnt anyone buy many plug in ioniq hybrids? better mpg than the prime, more horse power, cheaper, and looked better...
Ioniq EV was on my radar. If I wanted an PHEV I suppose it would have been too. Everybody knows what a Prius is though, and hardly anyone could tell you what an Ioniq is, or who manufactures it.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!