View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 05:28 PM   #63 (permalink)
S Keith
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by broski499 View Post
I reached out to my local Toyota dealer and got a quote for a new battery for $1990. This doesn't include labor as I would have to reach out to their shop separately. So this seems like a no brainer to me, unless the shop is wanting $2000 for install. I'll happily pay $3000 when the times comes to get a Toyota battery in there.

I just did a fresh battery health test on dr prius and I'm still at 40%.

Reading more reviews regarding green bean or other reconditioned batteries just seems like such a gamble.
It really varies based on the person you're talking to. 2800-3200 is the low end for out the door dealer installs. Some jackasses will actually throw in a bunch of components that one doesn't normally replace, like the computer and relays to come up with a $4500-5000 price tag. It's pretty absurd. it's either done out of blatant ignorance, or deliberate to encourage them to trade-in.

DIY install gets a 1yr/12K mile warranty vs 3 year for dealer install. The reality is they fail so rarely in the first 3 years, it comes down to do you want to pay them $800/hr to install (their cost is about $1400 for the battery, so they're charging $1600 for 2 hours of labor to install), or do you want to save the $ for yourself?