View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,384 Posts
Credit Card Rewards - Card Churning

I thought I'd open a topic on credit cards - credit card rewards - and churning cards for the sign up bonus.

Most people know that reward credit cards are out there and give users points or dollars for every dollar spent. What many people don't know is that those rewards are tiny compared to what is offered for sign-up bonuses. There are a whole bunch of credit cards out there that will give you $500 or more just to sign up and spend a certain amount in a trial period. Signing up for a card, collecting the bonus and then cancelling the card is known as card churning and I'm a big fan. My wife and I churn 4 cards a year - one every 3 months.

The latest was the Chase Ink Business card. (You don't need to have an EIN number to get a business card) That offer is $900 for spending $6,000 in 3 months. Add in the rewards from that $6,000 of spending and we are at $1,000 reward for getting the card. That is the best sign up reward that I'm aware of at the moment.

Churn a few cards and it is easy to add a few thousand dollars to your income per year.

In addition to the $1000 above from chase, we recently did a United card for 100,000 miles. That just paid for 2 round trip tickets to London in May. We are flying to Alaska in July on points from an Alaska card. My parents just flew to see their grandson on miles from a Delta card signup. A Hilton card can get you 3 - 4 nights of hotels or a $200 spending on Amazon (A VERY poor use of points)

Anyone else out there churn cards? Any tips?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-27 9.02.33 AM.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	33481  
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (02-27-2023)