View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 02:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I broke up with my girlfriend and finally started working on the 2002 Civic.

As I mentioned, several weeks ago she asked if I wanted to attend some Church thing with her.

I said "You go on ahead. I will join you the next time, but I need to work on my 2002 Civic."
"Actually, I am super sleepy!"
Then she curled up on me and I stared into space for altogether too long.

I also mentioned that some weeks ago she asked if I needed any help with cars. I replied "Yes, my 2002 Civic," and she didn't want to do anything but cuddle.

We alternated visiting each other, but with my appointments in the valley I drove down twice for those, which was awesome when the dentist canceled my appointment the morning of, saying he was sick.

Mom wondered if he just wanted to visit his 4,000-square-foot cabin up here.

I excitedly went to work on my car on Friday, but couldn't remember what I had bought more recently. I found where i mentioned it here and couldn't find those items.

I spent an entire day looking. My room is much more organized [again], but I didn't find it.

Then I happened to see it in a kitchen cabinet.

Why?!

I wanted to work on the car as soon as I came back, but I felt exhausted, and I kept falling asleep.

I managed to stay awake until the one client that I was able to see on Friday and then I read the rest of the novel I had started reading that morning before driving out to that dental appointment which had already been canceled, but I wasn't using my phone, I was reading a book.

I read the entire 340-page novel and still felt exhausted, but not sleepy.

So, I read 87 pages, drove home, tried to see my 1300 client, but the mom said the office still didn't have the authorization, so I drove past their street, rushed home, and sent a copy of the e-mail saying we had a new authorization, but she didn't answer.

Then I kept myself awake until my telesession, saw one client, and finished a book.

The whole time I felt exhausted and aggravated that I hadn't even started working on the 2002 Civic.

Saturday morning I drove to Holbrook, but the mom said the second client wasn't feeling well, so we wouldn't even try with him.

I drove an hour each way for one client.

My girlfriend called me while I was driving and I tiredly told her that I was okay, I just needed to not talk for a while.

I tried to take a nap, couldn't, ate a big lunch, and then tossed and turned for hours and hours.

She called the house phone saying she convinced her mom to let her drive the mom's Subaru because I needed her.

"I just need to rest and work on my 2002 Civic."

On Sunday she told me that I clearly didn't want her there and I responded that I wasn't dealing with her perseverating anymore.

"What does that mean?"
It means she can't read a room.

She tried to make me talk about it this morning and I told her I wasn't discussing it.

She tried again and I replied "It is over. I told you that I am not talking about it further and you insisted on talking about it further. Good luck in your endeavors."

I figured that my friends and family would want to know about it, so I mentioned it, but then everyone wanted to discuss feelings they continue to insist that I have.

"I just need to work on my 2002 Civic."

I found everything that I thought I needed and completed the first 11/95 steps.

The next was to remove the oil pressure sensor, but it didn't say where that was. This forum guide didn't say where it is, either: Head Gasket + Timing Belt DIY

It does show it, though, the plug between the intake and the oil filter:

I read to be careful to not damage the boot, but Eric just popped it off, saying to not worry if it gets damaged, that happens all the time.

He used a notched prybar and acted like it was the easiest thing, so of course I was stuck on this for 4 hours!

I watched some more videos and the boot popped off for everyone else.

Mine was super hard and kept breaking when I tried to pry it.

This reminds me of one of the spark plug boots in my 2000 Civic after I overheated, so I wonder if it is heat-hardened.

I decided that it was too late to be careful, I would just break off the rest of it and hope the connector finally pops off, but when I used a notched trim tool the boot simply popped off, as well as the connector.

Eric removed the axle because he couldn’t remove the lower bolts holding the plastic intake otherwise.

I didn’t have a problem, so I left the axle.

He loosened the alternator fasteners and he used an old socket with a slit cut in it to remove the wing nut.

I ordered a tool, but that is a drill attachment, not a socket.

I cannot fit my cordless screwdriver down there, nor can I fit the attachment, a 1/4” socket, and a 1/4” socket wrench.

I tried to find the socket version, but all that I could find was a Snap-on for $44.50.

However, the power steering pump is on top of the alternator, and also has a wing nut right on top, so I will remove the power steering pump, and then see if I can get the cordless screwdriver in there to remove the alternator wing nut.

Skipping the axle removal I am on step 24.

I already did #27, drain the radiator.

I didn’t get ahead, #8 is “Remove the radiator plug!”

Eric said to drain the radiator twice!

Removing the intake should be easy.

Hopefully I don’t have too many problems with the rest.

I should see three clients tomorrow, though.

Goodnight.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blockdrain.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	33484