View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 01:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I needed space, she refused to give it to me, so I broke up with her.

I think that I am on step 32.

25. Unplug the crank sensor, cam sensor, and the knock sensor--I only figured out how to remove 2.
27. Loosen the drain plug on the back of the block and drain it there--Loosening it was also #7. I guess that you were supposed to break it loose and then come back and loosen it enough to drain.
Why mess with it twice?
I couldn't get it loose before removing the oil filter. I haven't tried since.
I know that some people say you don't need to and I was shocked how little coolant came out. I figure that much of it was in the oil, but that was less than 5 quarts.
The oil capacity is 3.7 quarts and coolant capacity is 5.2 quarts.
I don't know if a ton of coolant leaked out, but I topped it off before driving it to Crazy J's, and oil and stop leak floated up.
It looked far clearer when I drained it than it should have.

29. Tighten the coolant jacket plug to 58 pound-feet.
30. Remove the 8mm and 10mm fasteners holding the air box assembly--there is one piece stuck to the intake. I need to figure out how to remove it.
31. Remove the last of the lower intake manifold bolts now--I cannot even get my ratcheting wrench on them. It has a hinge, which keeps bending before I get it properly on the fastener. I am going to try breaking them loose with normal wrenches and maybe wrap the hinge with masking tape.
32. Remove the air temperature sensor--I unplugged something! I need to see if it was this!
33. Loosen the intake manifold from the cylinder head and push it back against the firewall; don’t disconnect anything on the throttle body--I need to remove the last piece of the intake and those 4 fasteners underneath.
34. Move aside both o2 sensors.
35. Remove the coolant temperature sensor.
36. Remove ten-millimeter fasteners to remove two brackets blocking the short radiator hose.
37. Remove the radiator hoses, using WD-40 if necessary.
38. Remove the thermostat; replace with new genuine Honda.
39. Remove and label fasteners on top of the valve cover.
40. Remove the dipstick.
41. Disconnect the alternator; there is a 10 millimeter nut on the back--removing this was #31, but it didn't specify to disconnect it, although I did.

I need to see if my day program client is in today and write notes for that agency. Then I have two teleclients starting at 1500.