View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 09:09 PM   #58 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Nearly-headless Car #10

I was only able to work on my car for half an hour yesterday--and I was still late for work!

I had many distractions this morning, but I was able to remove the rest of the things blocking the valve cover and the top of the intake manifold.

I removed the valve cover, saw forbidden milkshake everywhere, and slid back the intake manifold.

I removed the head bolts and spark plugs.

They say to remove the power steering pump, but that is one of the motor mounts, and I didn't have a 17" deep socket for those nuts. I was able to remove one with a shallow socket and another with two wrenches, but the third started rounding.

Eric kept saying to loosen some fastener and then to come back and remove it.

I set the engine in time and tried to remove the crankshaft pulley bolt, but I forgot that you need a weighted socket for that.

I bought a tool when I replaced the timing belt on my Accord, but it immediately bent.

I borrowed one from Napa, so I need to buy a 17mm deep impact socket and borrow a pulley bolt extraction tool.

I was supposed to see my 09 clients at 1800, so I wrote my notes, but when I logged in I saw that the mom said 1900.

That is kind of late for kids!

I finished my notes [thus far] at 1830, but didn't have the time to run to Harbor Freight and AutoZone.

It looks like I am seeing my Holbrook client[s] tomorrow, so I will pick up those afterward and hopefully finally remove the head after noon!