Thread: Wind turbines
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 01:09 PM   #235 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
If you're with Lomberg, then by default, your with Simon, as Lomberg is a devotee of Simon's freshwater economics.
I had to google that term too.

freshwater economics-
Quote:
in the US, the idea that the economy should be based on free market forces with few government controls:
That's not a fringe idea, that's the vast majority opinion in the US and is keeping with the foundational principle of liberty.

Liberty recognizes the sovereignty of the individual and takes a default stance that all choices are permissible except the few explicitly defined, as necessary. It maximizes agency and autonomy, which is fundamental to a flourishing market.

Those opposed to free markets should give the disclaimer to others that they are also opposed to an efficient market that creates abundance. There's an argument to be made for an inefficient market that deprives people of abundance, it's just not a popular message.

Quote:
They seem to be completely devoid of perspicacity. Unable to connect the type of dots which might ultimately save them. They'd be the first to perish in tough times. They obviously cannot recognize actual risks and danger.
What might have informed their life choices would be lost on me.
My speculations would not be tolerated here.
Tough times are largely caused by market inefficiencies. You think they are unaware of this, or do you imagine tough times being largely caused by something else?

I don't just tolerate unconventional speculation, I cherish it. I'm a progressive by nature and enjoy thinking at the boundary.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-13-2023)