Thread: Wind turbines
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 10:43 AM   #239 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,228 Times in 4,655 Posts
'liberty'

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I had to google that term too.

freshwater economics-

That's not a fringe idea, that's the vast majority opinion in the US and is keeping with the foundational principle of liberty.

Liberty recognizes the sovereignty of the individual and takes a default stance that all choices are permissible except the few explicitly defined, as necessary. It maximizes agency and autonomy, which is fundamental to a flourishing market.

Those opposed to free markets should give the disclaimer to others that they are also opposed to an efficient market that creates abundance. There's an argument to be made for an inefficient market that deprives people of abundance, it's just not a popular message.

Tough times are largely caused by market inefficiencies. You think they are unaware of this, or do you imagine tough times being largely caused by something else?

I don't just tolerate unconventional speculation, I cherish it. I'm a progressive by nature and enjoy thinking at the boundary.
Your quoting directly out of the ---------- Party manifesto.
I reviewed my economics workbooks, and came to the conclusion that we'd never have the freedom to discuss any of this at an adult level, and with the type of language which would have the specificity to accurately communicate.
I'm pretty certain that you've never read any of the foundational literature on economics, like Adam Smith, David Hume, ect., or libertarian philosophy, as with Ayn Rand .
And to cut to the chase, the only concession I could make towards L--------- ideology is that, I agree that we should rely completely on renewable energy, just as John Galt allowed for.