View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
nemo
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-c-c View Post
Thanks guys.
But I need to clarify, I have lived in Florida since 1955, went thru a number of hurricanes way before building codes were even thought of being upgraded. Hurricanes Donna and my last was Cleo in 1964 was it for me. I evacuate, period.
I will NEVER experience a hurricane again. I will run like a scared rabbit every time, and read afterwards all the reports of those who did after the storm robustly claim: "Never again, Didn't think it will hit us, It was so loud for hours, What am I going to do, Thought I could ride it out, All our food is spoiled, We have no electric, etc".
As long as the hurricane doesn't travel faster than 60mph, My Bus/RV will outrun it, so no hardening/staking is needed for me, and I leave before everyone else decides to leave.
I have know two people that evacuated only to put themselves in the direct path. As you say "I leave before everyone else decides to leave" this is the only way to do it. Before the traffic and refueling become a problem and far enough that the associated weather will not be a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to nemo For This Useful Post:
j-c-c (03-21-2023)