View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 06:40 PM   #66 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Doesn't have to.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxhole_radio
Quote:
The foxhole radio was a crude crystal radio which used a safety razor blade as a radio wave detector with the blade acting as the crystal, and a wire, safety pin, or, later, a graphite pencil lead serving as the cat's whisker.[3]

The foxhole radio, like a mineral crystal radio receiver, had no power source and ran off the power received from the radio station.
The maker of the first foxhole radio is unknown, but it was almost certainly invented by a soldier stationed at the Anzio beachhead during the stalemate of February – May 1944.[1] One of the first newspaper articles about a foxhole radio ran in the New York Times April 29, 1944.[4] That radio was built by Private Eldon Phelps of Enid, Oklahoma, who later claimed to have invented the design.
edit:
Quote:
Sometimes I think the most practical way of obtaining my dream car would be to just build my own.
Myself also. I'd want a Basalt fiber monocoque 12/10ths scale Schwimmwagen hull with an electric front axle.

2nd edit: Semi-retractable flotation tires and steerable electric [hubless] hydrojet thrusters.

Last edited by freebeard; 03-22-2023 at 06:49 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (03-22-2023)