View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 03:59 PM   #230 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Solar in Gambia is what I was suggesting. Leapfrogging from one local maxima to the next.

He went on and on about 'average' being useless. I'd look to a comparison of average mean and mode to see what falls out of the data.

I'm starting to think I should start a Bucky Fuller thread. From the R. A. Wilson interview in 1981
Quote:
I reasoned that most of what we think is caused by conditioned reflexes and I wanted to start over fresh. I assumed that if Universe had any purpose in putting me here I could discover it by breaking the lines of misinformation that had been poured into me since I was born in 1895.

I resolved on certain disciplines that I have continued ever since. I sought to do my own thinking, confining it only to experientially gained information instead of following everyone else’s opinions, credos, theories and beliefs. I pledged myself to reduce every idea to a physical working model before asking anybody to credit what I said about it. I resolved never to talk about anything until it could thus be physically proven or demonstrated. I was using myself as a guinea pig to discover what Universe needed mankind for; what one typical human of normal intelligence could accomplish when working always and only to advantage all humanity without disadvantaging any.
But in places he sounds like G.Thunberg. :
Quote:
High Times: When will humanity as a whole realize it?

Fuller: They will either realize it in the next eight years or they will not survive. I am not speaking idealistically but with total realism. It’s all touch and go for the next eight years. Either we all make it, and humanity achieves total success in Universe, or we all go down together. All hundred and fifty nations will have to be abolished.