View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 01:11 PM   #76 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I used to put down my metal drip pan, but included when I sold it, although I still had spills that missed it, or the rare occasions where it overflowed.

I like having a chance to pour the spilled fluid back in the catch pan.

I would rather recycle cardboard than use it to catch oil.

JSH, do you burn oil-soaked cardboard?

Unfortunately, these spills have resulted in perfectly good boxes getting oil on them, but I would normally cut out the stained portion and recycle the rest.

Maybe I had heard of poking a hole in a filter, but I am pretty sure that I have heard of drilling.

Poking sounds vastly better!
  1. Buy a cheap funnel.
  2. Drill a hole in the funnel near the spout almost big enough for the center punch.
  3. Heat up the body of the center punch and push it through the hole.
  4. Epoxy around the center punch.
  5. Attach plastic tubing to the funnel.
  6. Punch the lowest point of the filter and hold the funnel while the oil drains into your catch pan.
The solo cup is simpler!

I have only heard of singles' activities up here, which are almost exclusively people in their sixties and seventies, although that was where I first met the nurse who identified as an intellectual, although I considered her to be dull.

I ran into her again when I worked at the charter school. She stared down fresh meat (that she didn't remember) and I said "Hi?"

The rest was history!

At least the chapter where I asked "Where is the nicest place to eat around here?"
"Denny's"
Doubt!
"Meet you at 0830?"
"Sure."
She walked up at 09, opened the door, ignored me when I said her name, messaged me "Where are you?" and then looked at me, said "Hey," and got a table.

That may have been the last thing she said to me as I wondered why a girl was following us.

"Hi, I am her daughter."

So, I bought breakfast for both of them, and talked to the daughter the whole time.

I recently told a friend that meeting singles in-person is inherently better because most singles on-line are unwilling to put in such effort as leaving the house.