View Single Post
Old 04-18-2023, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slendy97
EcoModding Lurker

It is the 5/4 ton, I've heard them called many things lol. This one also has an all aluminum bed too. Your right that a 45 degree is steep, really during mockup it seemed like 20 was more reasonable to expect. But I tend to be ambitious and it usually pays off, the key to making it work is moving the windshield forward about 5". This allows the slant to extend up high enough without interfering with the driver. The roof will also descend down to the windshield to help retain head clearance. The top might end up 2" shorter at the peak but not much to lose before it becomes an issue for someone on the taller side. No doubt this project is more than just the windshield, it also means a new roof bow setup, side window glass modification, new roof and back panels. No plans for the fenders, can't delete them for legal reasons (width of the wheels). Nor am I interested in building a "brodozer" with wheels completely sticking beyond the body. I have been searching around to see if there's any kind of diverter that might help in that region. The important thing is to get engine load down as it is going down the highway the engine is loading up to the point that its pulling timing and adding fuel (entering WOT settings off manifold vacuum). Taking that load down would allow it to stay lean and in its cruising timing which would provide much better efficiency and I think slanting the windshield would go a long way towards that. I have considered a multipiece windshield, it would allow certain parts of the glass to angle even further back, but I'll need to experiment as I have some concerns about potential blind spots. Anyways Thanks for the reply freebeard!