View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 11:29 AM   #32 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
ask yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
Phil, I think you might have to ask this question yourself, since you can understand what his reply was. He spoke about how that drag is being reduced each decade, but I didn't understand his answer on how to get to .09 cD.
I'd love to hear a conversation with you two in the future.
Thanks.
Geoff thought I ought to talk with his dad on the phone, but I figured his, and Mr. Romberg's time was too valuable to burn on the phone, and I could wait until I got there with Spirit and the newest mods before pestering them to death.
Geoff did share some extremely powerful info regarding A2, AeroDyne, and Windshear ( Gene Haas Racing ) collaboration studies, which I should leave to Geoff or Gary talk about, if willing, as I interpreted the data as confidential.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cd 0.09 WILL be an interesting 'story.'
During all the hoopla over Sunraycer, one automotive journalist mentioned that Sunraycer , with it's full wheel fairing package ( not raced with ), measured the lowest Cd ever experienced for a 4-wheeled vehicle, at Cal Tech's GALCIT tunnel (below Walter Korff's 'Goldenrod, Cd 0.1065 ), in the neighborhood of Cd 0.089. If factual, this would place Sunraycer below HONDA's 1993 Dream.
pgfpro (04-20-2023)