View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 04:33 PM   #275 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
In today's episode, Mr. Adams suggested that were it up to him, he might raise the age of consent for bodily mutilation to 25. And then suggested nobody should care about his opinion.
It's an intractable problem where mental maturity rapidly develops in the beginning, and solidifies over time. That means setting age of consent to many things is somewhat arbitrary. The nation needs risk seeking males to defend her, which is why 18 is the legal age to engage in combat. They aren't really old enough to make great decisions for themselves.

From a legal perspective though, 18 it is. So long as parents are solely responsible for, and have authority over their children, the children have no say until 18.

Quote:
Personally, I'd bend the mind to conform to the body, rather than bend the body to conform to the mind.
Agreed, but apparently that's hard too.

Quote:
Then to make up for that he suggests a debate between the varsity team, RFK, Jr and Ramaswamy.
Ramaswamy would destroy absolutely anyone in debate. Too bad nobody cares about reason, or can pronounce his name.

Quote:
Personally, I'd like to see a non-presidential debate between Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon.
I dislike fights between the sober and the impaired. Not very familiar with either of them, but I watched a video of Tucker from about 13 years ago, and he was pretty sharp. Don't know who would be his perfect rival.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!