View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 05:41 PM   #1273 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
Thanks.

It is weird how I am trying to use A.I. to work through baggage.

I have long worried that a student was abused, so I asked it what the warning signs were and apparently chat bots are programmed to shut down when you mention abuse.

I could have just used Google, but I wanted to talk about it.

Apparently if you have any concerns you are immediately required to contact CPS, although there was a scandal in 2014, it was dissolved, and the Arizona Department of Child Safety was created.

An ex worked for them and we saw a car with "Defund CPS" and drama like that written on it. I asked "That parent messed up?"
"Yup. The stupid thing is it hasn't been called CPS in years."

Mom was watching a show where something unlikely happened and someone wondered out loud "What are the odds of that happening."

Then two associates, who intensely disliked each other and insisted they were nothing alike, attempted to calculate the odds.

I don't have any idea how one could do that.

Ask C3P0, Data, or someone.

My student did things that just didn't seem right, but I attempted to redirect her and help her find her voice.

Talking to anyone about it seemed to carry incredible risk, with no potential reward.

I had worked with an adult in a day program who always acted excited to see me and cooperated happily, but one day she was upset and wouldn't work.

I finally got her to tell me what was wrong--someone abused her.

I called my boss as soon as I got to my car, he told me to file a report, and I did as soon as I got home.

It seemed like everyone followed up quickly and I hoped that my client would be able to move on.

The next week I showed up for my appointment and the boss called me into his office. He told me that sometimes my client made up stories to get attention, looked over my shoulder, and said "Isn't that right, [client]."

She said "Uh huh!" and acted happy.

Within a week the office told me that client no longer wanted to work with me.

Did she truly make up the story or did the boss make her say that?

I don't have any idea, but dropping a therapist immediately after the client told him she had been abused and he filed a report right away seems like retaliation.

I also tried to discuss some things that happened to me years ago, but still bother me.

I am sure that my sister would say "Move on!"

That is her answer to everything.

However, she has complained about worse things happening to her.

I hope that nobody tells her to move on.

I want to move on, but the A.I. shuts down instead of responding "I am sorry. How do you feel about that? Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh."