View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 01:27 AM   #154 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
This is what a lot of people won't want to talk about. A lot of these modern solutions only work for a small percent of the world, say in western countries. Goodluck getting people to buy premium EVs in Columbia or Brazil etc...
In my hometown Porto Alegre, it's possible to see a reasonable amount not only of premium EVs but also hybrids, but it won't be the case in most of the small towns. And most EV owners also own a more conventional vehicle or a hybrid at least.

Quote:
Even the gen 3 prius was a hard sale in Brazil from what I hear because it was so expensive!
As the Prius was imported, and its design is too radical for the conservative buying pattern of Corolla buyers here, the hybrid Corolla makes more sense.

Quote:
Also, would you be willing to find me a gen 3 spec sheet from Brazil? I know these cars are configured with different engines and without EGR over there which is very interesting. I would love to see what the rated numbers are for it in Brazil. The folks in the USA are die hard about the EGR being important, but i find it crazy they didn't even use it on the Brazil model.
AFAIK they were actually fitted with EGR too, yet most spec sheets here are not so comprehensive. Maybe if I could find a service manual it would be easier to find a more accurate info regarding the EGR.
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
hayden55 (05-11-2023)