Thread: Lessons Learned
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 09:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
ttrainxl
EcoModding Lurker

I am trying this on a ‘95 Honda Civic with an economy 1.6L vtec engine making 125hp and about 106lb/ft torque. I might try different vacuum tube lengths since the end caps aren’t glued in yet. I can’t seem to post a pic of my setup. My phone isn’t acting right when I try the attachment. I’ll try in another post.

How are you measuring all this data? Vacuum and torque shifts and whatnot? I’m not sure why having a reserve of vacuum in these tubes would shift torque lower and/or make more torque. I think I should understand the principle before I start spending money on something. This didn’t work for me and I can play with it and see if I can get better results since I’ve already spent money on the supplies to do it, but adding more vacuum tubes would require me to buy more end caps and I don’t want to do that without seeing results or understanding why this works.

I think I’m not completely clear on your exhaust valve mod on your air box. And what part are you referring to as the snorkel? Are you piping hot exhaust gas into your intake? If so, where are you pulling this from? Don’t you have EGR that pipes it into the intake manifold or something? It seems going into the air box would put gases and unburned fuel all over your map or maf sensor and cause problems.

I think you’re a little ahead of me in understanding the relationship between all these things.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B6C3F120-DAC5-47C0-A6D8-CA010F8EA902.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	33865  
The Following User Says Thank You to ttrainxl For This Useful Post:
steve05ram360 (06-06-2023)