View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 07:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
new_bug
EcoModding Lurker

(united states) I believe the Vespas in this 150cc size range started getting ABS around ~2014
Despite the small ~ 10/11" wheels, (Vespa Sprint may be 12") Vespas seem to just about hold their own vs similar options on the highway, for example quite a few have been successful on cross country-usa 'scooter cannonball' rides , copy&paste: scootercannonball dot com/history

I love the wacky fairing, and even like the off center headlight, have to say I've never seen anything like that on a scooter but I would ride it & to me it's not far off topic... anyone able to identify the bike it's on? the name or "generic"/"reproduction/type" of the fairing ?

I took a test ride on a ~2012-ish Kymco Yager 200i (fuel injected 175cc) and couldn't quite pull the trigger or negotiate a low enough price to talk myself into that specific bike. On paper it looked about ideal at 174cc 15+hp and around 320-330lb-ish.

I like the idea of being able to stuff a full face helmet under the seat... but this example felt like it wanted to cut out/stumble a little at the top end of rpm range- and as a result I'd say this particular example topped out about ~63mph flat ground and ~55-60mph top speed- on slight uphill. Not bad but the reviews I read made it sound like I would see 70. It's possible that new belt or rollers could still make the yager a solid contender.

So I'm back to square one comparing the pcx150 , newer kymco like 150i, other similar 'newer' kymco options- like /people /move etc... and from what I read online - maybe I should be open to a sym hd200 or rv200 (carb) if one pops up locally. I'd like to sit on a Yamaha smax xc155 as well, but I'm leaning towards something maybe a tad lighter weight = something that's NOT going for as much of the maxi scooter style.

To give up shifting (cbr250r, tu250x, sym wolf 150, or ninja 250, with a top case) I would require something else that's in the same class of "fun" around town as the ch150 honda elite circa 1990 & pcx150 in terms of zippyness upto 40mph. For example on the test ride- The above 'Ager' 200i did not disappoint but didn't impress me.

The Following User Says Thank You to new_bug For This Useful Post:
freebeard (06-06-2023)