Thread: Lessons Learned
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 08:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
steve05ram360
EcoModding Apprentice

Using Torque to monitor the engine... I think what is going on is the ECM is advancing timing based on manifold vacuum. This engine does not have a MAF sensor which may be holding you back if yours has one. Since you felt now power difference and it is not giving you reduced power I'd leave it for a few tanks and see how mpg's pan out.

Minimally, you should get a roll of exhaust wrap and use it to insulate your fuel rail and intake manifold. If you do it get the white stuff (cheapest), it is easy to work with and it does the job expected. I took a piece of sheet metal and a chunk of this stuff placed on it, used a heat gun to heat up the sheet metal and then looked at it with a thermal cam & the area behind the wrap was definitely cooler than w/o.

Mini Cooper I owned after I wrapped the fuel rail

2.5 valve installed... Need a shield between the air box valve and the engine still...

As I stated earlier, this gave me a reduction in bottom end torque but a bump in the mid range power I want to get that bottom end torque back along with the mid range power so I'm going to add in a bleed valve in-line with the actuator. The goal is to get it to start to open later then what it is now. Power wise it is nice but I am a torque junky with having the Ram and its bottom end torque dialed in. FWIW, the ram also has the turning vane & a 3.5" valve with a velocity stack on the bottom of its air box. (may have shared that pic already)