View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 11:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,607 Times in 7,088 Posts
justacarguy.blogspot.com/: It's sad, but here's the reality of getting a recommendation for work on your car, based on my experience over the past 3 days.

Quote:
I was thinking that in the Southern California area, there must be hundreds of shops, garages, and individuals working in their own garage, that were potentially doing such good work that they'd be on the lips of every car guy I emailed or texted.

Nope.

Even the shops that I thought would be mentioned, weren't. '

I found that the makers of muscle car suspension upgrades (Hotchkis, QA1, etc etc) don't have a short list of shops they send new prospects to to get into the upgrade stream heading toward muscle car overhauls and track time enjoyment.

Do I have an extensive list of people I could ask? Nope. But I never had the idea that it would be this difficult to learn where to spend money to get a disc brake upgrade, a subframe connector welded in, a full suspension overhaul/upgrade, plus a shop that can do engine work like header installs, and what ever else comes up.

I emailed companies that to their shame, didn't reply. Hey, I get it, they aren't getting paid to waste time recommending garages or businesses that install their products.

BUT, the lack of comradery and helpfulness to a car guy, who is only asking for a recommended shop? Shocking. I didn't ask for a tow, didn't ask to borrow a truck, didn't ask to drive their sports car.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (06-07-2023)