View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 09:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
ttrainxl
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoCivic View Post
1995 is new enough that I would expect it to have decel fuel cutoff, but I have no experience with the 5th gen Civics so I can't say for sure. But there are easy ways to find out for sure if you can't feel it.

Is it manual or automatic? If it's manual, with the engine fully warmed up, release the throttle for at least a few seconds while in gear at around 2000 RPM or more and then carefully shut off the key one click for a couple seconds and see if the sound of the engine changes or engine braking increases with the key off. If there is no difference, it's definitely in fuel cut.

With an automatic, that test won't be reliable because the transmission has electronic controls. Instead, temporarily install a small LED in parallel with one of the fuel injectors by backprobing one of the injector plugs or the pins at the ECU and put it somewhere you can see it. If it turns off when you release the throttle while in gear and well above idle, there is no fuel being injected.
Transmission is manual. I’ll have to try that but I’m out of town until the end of the month and without the car. Good to know. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to ttrainxl For This Useful Post:
EcoCivic (06-16-2023)