View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 04:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
ERTW
EcoModding Apprentice

Bu - '08 Chevrolet Malibu LS
90 day: 32.29 mpg (US)
I'm finally getting all the parts I need to do the head/cam swap. A friend will pick up a bunch of parts from Jegs in Columbus. Short travel lifters, stronger pushrods, beehive springs, Melling oil pump, timing chain, all gaskets, etc.

Stock 29 lb/hr injectors will only work up to about 5000 rpm, and I just found a set of used LS3 injectors on ebay. ICT billet adapters and connectors are next. New O2 sensors are on the way to make sure the ECU is getting good info. I've installed NGK Iridium plugs, and apparently the Ruthenium plugs offer better ignitability and economy.

Next week should begin the process of dropping the engine and subframe and swapping parts. I would like to balance the rotating assembly myself (while I'm in there). I'll replace bearings and piston rings if needed.

I have the 2.73 final drive, so that will help with economy. It should run at 1600 rpm at 65 mph with the 285 section tires (C5 take offs).
freebeard (07-07-2023)