View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Once I had a diagnosis, ASU gave me a notetaker, but there were always things the professor said in class that wasn't in the provided notes or in the textbook, but were on the test.

Slides are merely an outline.

Everyone hates my handwriting and I exasperatedly ask "Why did you refuse to let me do this electronically?!"
"Just write slower!"
"Do you see how slow I am writing?!"

I have never asked someone what I wrote, but my then best friend, who had always been a big sci fi reader, became interested in fantasy, and when I met a lady who was a big fantasy fan, he asked me to ask her for recommendations.

I recorded a voice memo, listened to it once in Bookman's, and said "I'm sorry, I don't have any idea what I said."
"I have experience listening to you."
He understood everything!

I have had hand and wrist problems since I graduated from high school and it was so bad when I started college that all that I did each morning was get dressed and use my computer with a long-handled wooden spoon in my mouth.

I paid $500 to upgrade my computer to run Dragon Naturally Speaking and my sister came over one day and asked "Why don't you just enunciate?!"

I try, boy do I try, and as a speech therapist, it is infuriating that I mumble and stutter.

I'm trying, I'm trying!