View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #114 (permalink)
IndyIan
EcoModding Newbie

Parachute - '03 Chevrolet Tracker LX
90 day: 28.55 mpg (US)

Peon - '95 Plymouth Neon Highline baby!
90 day: 31.39 mpg (US)

Slocus Wagon - '06 Ford Focus SE
I've got my BS in Geography and I'm currently a GIS/Mapping tech for the bus route planning group of the school board.
My Dad is a mechanical engineer so I've learned a few things from him and I'm interested in how stuff works.
My wife and I bought 100 acres and built a house in 2003 and we play farmer with some goats, chickens and some livestock guardian dogs which gives me lots of chances to build and tinker with things. We are very interested in local food and for the most part eat seasonally and sell some eggs. We also hunt and ice fish a bit mostly for food, not trophies.
I seem to have a bit of a racing/speed addiction and have done some downhill and XC mountain bike racing, autocross, motocross, generally riding/driving slow things fast(I like to play near the limit without really painful or expensive consequences). Also being a good canadian boy, I play rec hockey.

We almost went off grid with our house so I know a bit about that and I'm also a recreational forestry/wood guy. Sometimes I cut and sell fence posts and rails, and lumber occaisionally. I also try to substitute my wood for other materials as I can control the whole lifecycle. I just built white oak feeders for our goats, hopefully they will last 20+ years, probably longer than a metal feeder and using a tiny fraction of fossil fuels to produce compared to metal.
Ian