View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
[QUOTE=Frank Lee;68556]The unwillingness of motorists to heave their huge asses out of their driver's seats knows no bounds.

I used to have renters. The driveways on most of the units went to within 15 feet of the front doors. That wasn't close enough. They would drive on the lawn so that they saved those precious 5 steps on that long arduous journey from car door to house door.QUOTE]

This is what one of the teachers would do back when I was in school. A parking space is very close to the front door, probably 30 feet. But she would drive right up the sidewalk to the front door. Perfectly able bodied person, better than most. But even today, people do that all the time at Walmart. Not only do they park in the fire lane, but the park right up on the friggin sidewalk.

Drive through everything these days. Even before I started caring about saving gas, I hated sitting in a drive thru. Id rather just get out and walk in, and then too I can make sure they understand me clearly and make sure my order is right.

Not only does sitting in a drive thru (with engine running like most do) waste gas, I bet the air quality is pretty horrid for anyone waiting there or working the drive thru. Not only is it a mass of running engines, but with the canopy over top, it traps the emissions.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver