View Single Post
Old 09-05-2023, 04:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Paulbstockton6@hotmail.co
EcoModding Lurker

J-C-C and Oil Pan 4,

I'm sure you missed the point of Eximo. You sprinkle it on, sweep it in, and let Eximo do its work. Simple. You can start with an oil stained area of concrete. Sprinkle on some Eximo and sweep it in. There are two wonders of the product.

1. Initial "sweeping it in" covers the stain with the product so the product blends in with the color of concrete.....the stain is still there but the Eximo hides it.

2. its not like watching paint dry....The enzymes work slowly and eats away at the petroleum product. Some people will watch it for a couple of days and then add some more....that's OK but usually just re-sweeping the product to redistribute it into the oil stain area works just fine. Left in place, the Eximo product continues to do it's job. If you want to further apply to a stain because "Karen the nasty HOA president" is coming over after sending you threatening letters to inspect your driveway, just reapply.

I have found a strong detergent and a good work-place mop and bucket wringer is well work the effort...old formula TSP would work well in a mop bucket. ( dirty mop bucket water goes down the toilet...sounds wrong, but it does not go down the gutter/storm drain or dumped on soils, which is the problem with pressure washers.

But that's the thing, the Eximo eats petroleum...there is no hazardous waste, per say...other than dust and you do not want to wear your new black slacks or black tennis shoes...the dust when sweeping is ever-present.

On the use of lacquer thinners, white gas, gasoline...not a good idea in an enclosed space or in a garage built onto a house. I did that once...never again. What happens is you soak, say a 2sqFt area with a volatile agent, let it sit a minute, and light it off.... .It only takes the first time to understand that the invisible fumes have spread and sunk to an 100sqft area and will flash...its pretty scary for a few seconds...then when you realize what a fool you were, you try to find something to smother the "concrete candle, which is now 6sqft in size" fire and end up fanning fresh air to the fuel. At least the flames will be relatively low temperature, with every attempt to smother, the flames jump higher. A witnessing neighbor will call the fire department and then run to your aid....he'll see you trying to smother the concrete candle and wont help...he'll wonder why you don't run out...no need for a fire truck, but the paramedic will provide ibuterol to slow your heartbeat.
Using a rag soaked in a volatile fluid and scrubbing is only slightly safer, unless you forget to place the rag in a steel can or set it out to dry.

C-n-n, I don't know where you got..."prior treatments will diminish the effect of Eximo", but you didn't hear that from me. I don't think you got that from the manufactures' website, either.

Cheers.

Last edited by Paulbstockton6@hotmail.co; 09-05-2023 at 05:13 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulbstockton6@hotmail.co For This Useful Post:
oil pan 4 (09-05-2023)