View Single Post
Old 09-10-2023, 12:07 AM   #68 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Making victims by calling them victims is even more noble.
I knew a guy who survived being in a concentration camp as a Jew. Too bad he's not around anymore. I should have let him know that it was his fault after all.

Quote:
I've heard it's very useful to tell people their situation is hopeless unless white saviors solve all their problems for them.
It's not just white people. Alot of people with dark skin are prejudice against their own race, taught that it's bad to be black. I've been places where someone who's dark skinned will hire me for a job I have little to no qualifications for over someone who's way more qualified. Why? The only difference is I'm white and the people in that area aren't. What else could be the reason?

Hispanic culture still uses terms derived from the cast system the Spaniards had made. According to the cast system Native American and African people are the lowest, and European is the highest. Depending on what mix you are, that is, how light or dark your skin is, puts you up higher or down lower in the cast system. While people from Latin America don't directly use the cast system anymore, it's still entrenched in their culture.

The same can be said of a lot of other cultures. You can't just go through thousands of years of entire continents thinking of certain races being not any better than livestock and then say "rasicm doesn't exist."

Quote:
You're interpreting things through a colored/not colored lens, which is... what again?

I see people, not colors. 100% of foolish behavior has "reasons". Reasons aren't an excuse to act a fool.
Good for you. But so far I haven't seen where any of your philosophies are applicable to everyone. But who knows, maybe if everyone stopped applying for jobs we could somehow show it wasn't racisim after all.

Quote:
Sure, PM me and I'll give you my number. If the government is refusing entitled service to someone due to their skin hue, I'll join you in burning it down.
Thanks, but I don't burn governments down.

Last edited by Isaac Zachary; 09-10-2023 at 12:13 AM..