View Single Post
Old 09-26-2023, 08:21 PM   #160 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,823 Times in 7,279 Posts
Quote:
...she made the regrettable decision to put that trailer home in a trailer park instead of on her own land so she really didn't get away from renting. From the day she moved into the park until the day that she died that lot rent went up and up squeezing her very modest budget.
Same here. The monthly rent is now more than half what I paid for the unit to begin with. But still every direction out is uphill financially. The house in the background :

...Is where I raised my son. I first purchased it on a land sale contract, After my divorce I refinanced on a VA loan. When I was unemployed I had to let it go back to the VA (a popular thing to do in 1980); where it sold to a young couple who rented it out, and I moved back in as a renter.

When he was seventeen I asked her to make just one child support payment and she sued to take custody. I was so dismayed, I moved to Beaverton and became a successful tech support agent.

No different that 'owning' a home if you don't pay the taxes. My 'Airstream' is on the county tax rolls so no tags.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (09-26-2023)