View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 03:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

I mean hey, the Chevy 4s seem to go and go. I know my parents owned a Chevette and they would string it out as far as it could. Transmission, A/C, electrical and all that would crap out, but the engines would still keep ticking. The newer 2.2 litre Ecotec from the J-body and S10 platforms seemed to last forever. I had one in my first car (2001 Cavalier) but I could never get more than 25 MPG out of it no matter what. Car never died or failed to work, though. Thoroughly abused in every way. The last owner put used motor oil in the power steering reservoir

freebeard, definitely not a pickup truck, haha! I have a fascination with the opposite of practicality, which would be a lightweight and mid-engined sporty runabout. Toyota MR2s are ovepriced and rusted out. A Fiero takes the cake in that regard. The Iron Duke had a shortened oilpan (different clearances in the Fiero) which led to innacurate dipstick readouts, which led to the popular burst-into-flames-trick! That’s why I’d swap the engine.

Then again, I’m just thinking out loud. I have a water-cooled rear engine China buggy in my yard. I should mess around with that instead.