View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
jcp123
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Good to hear from you!

Do you need the cargo capacity of the van? How about a 2004-2008ish Acura RSX or TSX 6-speed? The only cars I've heard of that are more enjoyable to shift is a Honda S2000, or other higher priced sporty cars. Expect about 30 MPG from the TSX, and perhaps a bit more from the RSX.

I'm probably about 1 year out from needing a van myself. Will probably go with a Toyota Sienna hybrid since it gets 36 MPG.
Need is debatable but I can say it doesn’t go unused. It hauled about 1200lbs of stuff from Texas to NY, and there’s family up here so when the seats are up it is past capacity multiple times per year…it allows us to take two cars instead of three in those cases. But car shopping isn’t really in the cards right now. A number of Hondas and Acuras are on my short list when the time comes - the RSX is one of them, high on the list, the TSX lower down. Top candidates are a bit of a mix, any ‘96-05 Civic, some Accords, Ford Fusions, Camrys, Corollas, Mirages, and three cylinder Metros, as well as some more fun cars like an NB Miata, a Fiesta RS, or a Fiat 500 Abarth. Outside choices include some manual transmission SUVs if they have 4wd as I don’t know how to drive in snow, or anything else cheap with stick.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17