View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 08:48 AM   #506 (permalink)
Mark Serva
EcoModder returning

Retro knock off bike with modern looking engine. Just doesn't look right and I bet she's really heavy for 30HP. And, not meant to offend yet my motto is: "China puts the C in Cuality." However, to answer your question, I've had a lot of fun on a 125CC Honda which included two big guys on it getting thu mud (bad optics I know). She'd go down the highway with one guy on her too. And, as an old, low power vehicle guy, I'd say most modern vehicles are way overpowered--many of which I see at the next light, jack-rabbiting to the next. If we all drove, like the vehicle doesn't have brakes, low powered vehicles would rule the day and make most everybody and EcoModder. Although I don't like government intervention in general, I am sad that the fuel saving rules focus on gas milage when they should focus on weight or torque. It's hard to drive a fuel sipping 1,800 LB vehicle when you see the opponents bumper at eye level in their 6,000 LB behemoth. I wonder what the heavy Teslas are doing to the whole, my car is heavier than your car, one ups person-ship thing our culture demands.