View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 12:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

(Source: NASCAR)

Boat tailing the front? I guess it makes sense, really. The front of this car seems efficient enough, though. I found while tuft testing that the front of the car didn’t have any big flow problems. The grill openings and radiator airflow are fairly unoptimized, and I feel that’s the only concern I have with the front end.

In that picture above, they have shrunk the grille opening to 20% or so of what it would normally “need” to be. Using proper ducting, airflow is spread out from the small opening to pass through most of the radiator. I’d like to test something of this nature on my car. I understand I will be operating at much lower speeds than a NASCAR (except on Monday mornings ).

After that, I think the “exhaust” airflow (coming out of the back of the radiator), is restricted. So far as I can see, it’s expected to just tumble out the bottom of the front bumper. My front skid plate blocks that off, and the OEM engine bay is so packed that it may be causing pressure buildup. Optimally, I would want this airflow to dump smoothly out behind the front wheels. I think this will induce less lift.

….These are assumptions, though. Testing is key.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5D29FCF5-6C3D-4100-9A60-4CD1239CFCC5.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	34214