View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 04:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-c-c View Post
Being I have and use a Class A CDL and therefore am allowed NO judicial forgiveness/slack in court for ANY moving traffic violation, no matter what vehicle I am driving, it's become very noticeable that merely driving the speed limit in the right (slow) lane is highly offensive to many, and I have much greater concern with road rage and/or breathing rolled coal than any tire mileage gains which are way down on the list. Eek:
I hear you!

I drove school bus and as a result I still to this day drive the speed limit. I also got my only speeding ticket at a bad time financially. Those $160 for a single point off my license cost me all the money I had for food for an entire month. So no more speeding for me.

But man, do people get mad if you go the speed limit! So everyone is always mad with me. Oh well.

Still, the point was people don't care. Going 15 or 20mph above the speed limit instead of only 5 or 10 can be worse than just having mediocre tires. You could also include things like texting and driving. I know people that get big SUV's because "they feel safer" and then text and drive.