View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 06:49 PM   #527 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Recently while I was taking the dog for a walk, a guy who previously owned a Honda CG 125 showed up with a brand-new Yamaha XTZ 250. After the usual jokes about soccer, we talked about some features such as the ABS in the front wheel in his new motorcycle and the fuel consumption of both. The main reason for a 2-metre tall budget-conscious African dude to get a bigger motorcycle was safety, because he was told by another motorcyclist the way he kept his feet on the floor at stoplights was quite dangerous, and now he can keep both legs more streched and closer to the motorcycle, so it's much less likely that a car would run over his feet, even though the city fuel-efficiency of the smaller motorcycle was more appealing to him for work. On a sidenote, the local Yamaha dealers are not explaining so well how the ABS works, according to what another guy who went from a Honda to a Yamaha told me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
Apparently because the government doesn't want small trucks to come back.
Most newer Brazilian compact trucks are now around the size of a 20y.o. S10 for instance.

Find a way to make a 3-wheeled S10 and, registering it as a motorcycle, you could circumvent most of the issues preventing compact trucks to make a comeback... Yet I guess most Americans woundn't take it so seriously, unless some tax break turns it attractive to the average Joe.