View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 01:35 PM   #65 (permalink)
Caddylackn
EcoModding Apprentice

Passat TDI Wagon - '97 VW Passat Wagon TDI
90 day: 54.24 mpg (US)

Blue - '21 Hyundai Sonata Blue
90 day: 53.05 mpg (US)
Still having injection pump quantity adjuster issues but running a can of Diesel Purge (running off the can, not as an additive) seemed to help the surging issues. Running the fuel return line back to the can showed there was a lot of sediment and junk in the Injection pump. I replaced all the fuel lines to the pump and back to the hardline.

IQ is still set too high at 6.0 causing shuddering at low throttle input cruising. I thought raising the IQ (less fuel per stroke) would improve mpg but I think it has the opposite effect since I have to give it more throttle input to stop shuddering in 5th below 55 mph. Now I know.

Last tank was 57.6 mpg so it is running better. Most of my commute is now at 65 mph or slightly higher, so this is the best average mpg per tank above 62 mph.

Diesel prices are still outrageous around here. Hard to find diesel below $5.50 per gallon . Washington state now has this carbon credit "tax" charge BS on fuel which raised the price about $0.50 per gallon with all the proceeds of the carbon credit "tax" going where? If the state makes $100 million of this carbon "tax", they will spend $99 million setting up the infrastructure to spend the remaining $1 million.
317k miles
Scan Gauge II
full belly pan
26 gallon tank