View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 02:51 PM   #239 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Sometimes an "unorthodox" way might sound easier, and quicker too, but I can guess neither Toyota, a dealer or an independent shop would want to be liable for any unexpected result for a job done in a way different from what is on the book.

Sure, but as I said before, not everybody would be so willing to try the DIY. So it allows the stealerships and independent mechanics to charge whatever they want, for something that might be not the rocket-science described in a manual
I know, but it is a little depressing. I wasn't able to get a torque wrench on the bolts. I don't think that is a good thing. I want to do things the right way, but I also don't have the time, money and patience to take out an engine and transmission just to fix a clunking noise in the suspenssion.

When I had the car aligned I told the shop about the clunking noise. They told me it was something in the swaybar, but didn't seem to want be the ones to fix it. They said I (not them) should take care of it as soon as possible.

Of course that's just probably from living out in the middle of nowhere where it's three weeks out just for a shop to look at a flat tire. I'm sure in a more populated area the shops would be wanting me to bring them my car so they could charge me in order to fix it.