View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 05:54 PM   #45 (permalink)
j-c-c
Master EcoModder

[QUOTE=Hersbird;688561]The wrinkle wall may do that, but where it really helps is it squats, then grows. So basically the whole tire is trying to go up which means it's actually pushing down on the track.
You can see in the previous video the chassis push(?) down on the tire, likely just from weight transfer alone during acceleration with a COG above the ground plane, or the suspension is designed to settle, not likely. Notice the distance the axle center loses relative to the bodywork.
I am not certain what positives are actually in play regarding a compressed/wrinkled tire affords in having a reduced rolling radius upon launch. I am fully aware of the advantages of at the end of the run of having a larger rolling radius as any tire grows, but also loses some contact patch/traction with that growth.

This is why places like Engineering Explained are wrong when they talk about quickest possible 0-60 numbers based on how fast the car can decelerate. They try to qualify it with "on street tires" but there are street legal tires that also do this but to a lesser degree. I have no idea what point you are making and hence no comment Why the new Demon 170 can beat his "quickest possible" even if you did take rollout off. 1.83 seconds without, 1.66 with. That's on street legal factory equipped tires. Who needs AWD when the front tires aren't even on the ground? AWD is a plus always because tires exert the most traction per pound ( ie it's not 1 to 1 gain) with lighter loads, and AWD helps achieve that whenever tire sizes are restricted, and 100% weight transfer is not preferable or obtainable (steering by independent rear brakes or not enought HP, etc[/QUOTE]
The Following User Says Thank You to j-c-c For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (10-12-2023)