Thread: It gets worse
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,392 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
I was going to retire in 3.5 years but had been thinking this new gig is too easy to retire. I could be convinced if it payed about $50/hr including driving time.
I don't care much about the money as long as it's reflective of the value added.

Easy gigs bore me to death and I grow to despise them. Doesn't matter if I'm getting paid a ton to do something that doesn't challenge me.

Electricians don't have an easy job. They crawl on their bellies through puddles of water under houses, and tiptoe in rafters in 130 degree attics. It's work to be proud of though, because one has endured the situation and made a thing better afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Right now I work about 2 days out of 5 for about $35 an hour so not that interested in being an electrician unless it's for my self.
About the same rate I'm at. It's not the electrician's wage that is alluring to me, but the opportunity to eventually own an outfit. My personality requires that I'm either the janitor with no responsibility, or the owner with all the responsibility. Middle-management are for people who enjoy being a bully, or incompetent at making the big decisions.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 10-12-2023 at 11:06 PM..