View Single Post
Old 10-16-2023, 07:19 PM   #220 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktree View Post
Not much going on with the Prius lately. Although it did reach a milestone (200k miles). And I think the other front wheel bearing is going bad.

On a side note, I think the next eco-mod will be a belly pan. My local Home Depot sells coroplast in 4x8 foot sheets. Last time I was under the car, I saw lots of existing screw holes that can be used to mount it. That'll make the job easier.

That said, I got some polycarbonate windows (aka Lexan) for the BMW. So we're going to install those first.

Another side note: The weather here in Florida has been unusually mild. Normally, daytime temperatures would be in the mid 90s by now. And I'd be running the a/c all the time. But we've only had a few days where the temperature reached 90 degrees. So I've been using the a/c intermittently. As a result, the fuel economy has been outstanding. Actually, last week was the best fillup to date, with almost 68 mpg!
You ever get to using your coroplast? I put a 4x8 sheet whole on my 2001 Toyota Sequoia 4wd this weekend. I think I have got to be close to a record tank. Sadly it got cold the day after i did it so it isn't comparable to warm tanks anymore lol. But it looks like $35 is good for a 10% bump in FE.