View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 01:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

Not a bad idea. With the roundness of the stock rear end, and the angles/locations at which it tapers, making a box cavity around the trunk makes sense. And yes, the bullnose doesn’t help. Unintentional detail that came about from the trunk shape.

I don’t have a drawing (at work rn), but I’ve considered having a panel across the top of the trunk lid, which wraps around the sides of the rear end. I can use my spare bumper to build the lower portion, creating one big hollow truncation. Sort of like a box cavity.

Much like the rear end of the Porsche 935, VW XL1, and so on. Extending the rear body lines out into 4 distinct fences, with a recessed centre. The main complications in doing this are taillight visibility, license plate visibility, and shuddering/rubbing causing wear on surfaces.

Think of a box cavity/tail extension, but built into a clamshell that allows trunk opening.

————————————

P.S. after my trip, I’ve still seen no toll road camera charges come in the mail. I think my spoiler blocks the rear plate from overhead cameras. One way to save money!
The Following User Says Thank You to JacobLeSann For This Useful Post:
freebeard (10-25-2023)