View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 09:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
ERTW
EcoModding Apprentice

Bu - '08 Chevrolet Malibu LS
90 day: 32.29 mpg (US)
A few snowflakes fell this afternoon, and I still don't have my heads back. I'll try to have my car up on stands, drained, and taken apart this weekend. fwiw, a pitot tube showed the ports have 23.5"/320+fps over the STR, which is the magic number for atomising/mixing the fuel. Along with increased torque, the chambers/pistons should stay a tan colour, instead of being covered with soot. That's the sign of complete combustion.

The LS3 injectors went in super easy. I got the necessary tables off of HPtuners forum. I just cut and paste them into my tune file. The hardest part was the confusion after licensing the wrong tune file, and losing two credits. I've been driving it, and apart from a slight stumble, it works well. The ICT adaptors don't fit snugly (no retaining clips) and I think I have a slight vacuum leak.