View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,187 Times in 813 Posts
2025 Ram Ramcharger

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2025...t-look-review/

I put a reservation on the Ram Rev insider plus in the first day or 2 so I'm pretty excited about this. Supposedly the reservation is good for the Rev or the Ramcharger.

I think it's a great idea, better than a pure BEV. So the 3.6 gas motor, which is very reliable and inexpensive, lighter than a 2.0 turbo 4, and already used in the Ram, runs to generate 175hp normally, up to 255hp, to charge a good sized battery. The batter powers 2 electric drive motors for over 600 hp. There is no mechanical connection from the ICE to the wheels. So this will tow like a 6.7 Cummins but run a NA gas v6. It won't have the range towing a Cummins truck does, or get as good economy, but compared to a pure BEV pickup towing it should go linger and when it does need "recharging" you can do it at any gas station in 3 minutes.

Day to day it has a 150 mile range pure EV, hopefully charged at home off peak.

It is probably the quickest Ram ever besides the 700hp TRX, to which it's pretty close.

It will be great camping to have that ability to power the camper, even running AC and high load appliances.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (11-09-2023)