View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 07:35 AM   #32 (permalink)
j-c-c
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Energy conservation devices are aerodynamic aids. They work on straight trucks as well as trailers.

We totally agree, but the FHP CMV trooper does not, but the question remains, what exactly defines "approved", that allows their use, that is still rather unanswered.

My recent takeaway with this Trooper, she could not conceive she did not know the answer, could not admit it, and fed me a line of BS just to get me to go away instead facing her potential shortcoming on this matter. She was in good company so far it appears. Her technical understanding was vividly exposed by her stating energy devices save no gas on a straight truck and when I mentioned that I disagreed, her response that is a "fact", almost caused me to burst into laughter.
That was caused by my personal experience in 1974 of my first custom building a front wind deflector on my 22' Box International straight truck that increased my mileage from 5.6 to 7.4 MPG much to my amazement during the first gas crisis. I have in the decades since then built/installed 6? more all with significant mpg improvements.

Update: as of 4-14-20 : "Industry supplier Stemco has discontinued production of its TrailerTail product, which helped pioneer improved aerodynamics at the rear of the trailer."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	500img-B291 (2).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	34338  

Last edited by j-c-c; 11-16-2023 at 12:39 PM..