View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 06:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
j-c-c
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
High dynamic loads in a public roadway?

Let's compromise -- a triangle, else two diagonals or four corner brackets for the square.

Why are you resistant to reducing the cross section? I suggested 1-2 thou, aerohead 0.008 #1 guitar string or piano wire.

Good luck with that. They will still need to be in tension and cross each other.
I am not concerned that the loads will be high, nor will I be undertaking any testing with nearby traffic, albeit stll on a public road.

No need to compromise, the thin wire is likely the best option, except I am concerned with the amount time/complexity involved in the small wire tensioning (tig rod requires no tension), and the cumulative forces on a rectangle frame from that tensioning already noted, and lastly, is there bang for buck with the small wire solution. One little mentioned aspect so far, any attachment of a wool tuff of a size large enough to be videotaped and analyzed by the naked eye, will likely require an up wind glue glob attachment many times the size of any small wire solution, and the glue being centered axially with the tuff and hard to minimize, will almost in my suspicion completely negate any improvements a small wire solution might provide regarding induced turbulence..
The Following User Says Thank You to j-c-c For This Useful Post:
freebeard (11-16-2023)