View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 10:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Any holes in the unibody is an automatic "no" from me when I'm looking at a new used car - it's a place for rust to start. My rule with Ecomods is that they're entirely reversible, at least until the car reaches zero effective value. No car is forever, so resale is always a factor.

As for why I've (almost) stopped Ecomodding, it's in large part because I've nearly stopped driving. I live a 4 minute walk from work, 5 minutes from a major grocery store, 10 minutes by foot from the beach, 15 minutes to the train station. I'm a 15 minute bus ride away from complete solitude, where I could walk or bike for hours and not see another soul. The airport is 25 minutes away by bus, and I can fly across the country for ~$20 US dollars if I buy tickets in advance.

That, and I've effectively arranged my life such that money has ceased to be an issue. It isn't that I'm wealthy (far from it), but moving overseas increased my salary, slashed my cost of living, and cut my taxes. I have no car insurance, no medical insurance, food costs half as much, and the weather is always mild so even my utilities are cheap - it's rarely below 50F or above 75F. I have essentially zero transport costs, aside from renewing the registration once per year. One of the only expensive things is fuel, which I can use as much or as little of as I want. Kinda takes the pressure off to mod, when I can just drive more or less depending on my savings goals.

I suppose I could install a grille block. Might do that when I get home, if I cba.
no rust with the rivnuts i put in. allows all the mods to screw in and out pretty fast
The Following User Says Thank You to Phase For This Useful Post:
Ecky (11-23-2023)