Thread: Gasoline VAPOR?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 03:25 PM   #61 (permalink)
Mr Pickles
EcoModding Lurker

Hey everyone my name Adam I'm 43 and I live near Los Angeles. I converted a motorcycle, a carbureted Kawasaki V-Twin 97 Vulcan 800, to run on gasoline vapor a few years back. I had a new motor, Suzuki tl1000 practically brand new, did I intended to swap in so before doing so I decided to attempt gasoline vapor. I simply pipes my cold air through my gas tank agitating the surface of the gasoline and then sucking that air through the mouth of my carb where my air cleaner would have been with a couple of flashback arresters. Initially it had trouble idling but as someone mentioned in an earlier thread if you stayed on the throttle it ran great. A bit lean but no problem to ride. Again an earlier post mentioned the temperature being a factor and I would say absolutely. As you pull the air through the gasoline the gas gets colder and colder making it more and more lean. Also with the addition of a small computer fan forcing cold air in at the very beginning I was able to idle normally. My understanding is that in a modern car the shaft that spins opening and closing exhaust versus intake need to be spaced further apart to prevent pre-ignition as the vapor mixture is very flammable and can be ignited from the exhaust of the previous explosion. However if you were to redesign said shaft then gasoline paper would be very doable in a modern car with some reprogramming of the computer parameters I swap the engines before doing much experimentation but it does work it is not mythical and honestly it blew my mind.