Thread: Gasoline VAPOR?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 03:25 PM   #68 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

My best guess is the compression ratios are not best for anything other than gasoline, also unless retuned for the vapor the firing timing is also wrong.

Gasoline timing can be from 20 to 40 Degrees Before Top Dead Center, that is because gasoline does not explode, it burns and in the spit seconds of a compression and power stroke SLOWLY...so they start it burning BEFORE full compression, I wonder if this pre-build up of pressure doesn't hurt MPG some.

Part of this pre-burn is also to raise the heat to help more of the liquid droplets to vaporize.

My reading of the claimed use of 100% pure gasoline vapor will need zero degrees timing as the vapor nearly does explode and burns so fast that it is spent closer to the best timing of the power stroke:

As in 5 Degrees to 125/150 Degrees THIS is the power stroke, when the most work is done.

So no preburning of the fuel.

If what I have read is correct.

This is a problem with many newer cars, my 93 van I just disconnect it timing control plug and it is running what timing the distributor is set for.

Computer controlled cars will need a overriding program, best would be two settings one for gasoline and one for vapor.

So adding any propane or LPG without reprogramming and it may very well bolix it all up.

Rich